A message from Vikan Regarding: COVID-19 Vikan precautions and update
During this ever changing and evolving time of COVID-19, the health and security of our employees, customers and users of our products is our highest priority.
As the situation is changing on a daily basis, we would like to make sure that our business partners and customers know the precautions we are taking.
At this point in time no employee within the Vikan Group has been tested positive for COVID-19.
In addition to precautions outlined by WHO, such as extended personal hygiene measures, including hand washing and sanitising, Vikan has taken following precautions and actions, all to limit the risk of a possible contamination of COVID-19:
- The production and warehouse facility have been isolated from the administration and other external parties to limit the amount of interaction between people
- Critical visitors only are allowed entrance
- No contact with truck drivers from external transportation companies is allowed
- Employees must keep two meters of distance between each other, and consequently no handshakes, hugs and physical contact are permitted
- In canteen areas, employees are divided into smaller groups and all food is pre-packaged
- Any employees with COVID-19 symptoms or employees that have travelled for business or leisure to any country in the world during the past weeks or who has a family member that has a critical health condition have been sent home on paid leave for a 2-week quarantine period.
At this point in time, we are following our production plan. Through running additional and extended shifts in the production, we have been able to compensate for slightly lower staffing. We are currently looking into how we can recruit additional staff to our production without increasing any contamination risk.
As our current stock levels are covering 2-3 months of normal sales, we are confident that we can meet our customers’ requirements.
We are in close contact with our suppliers, and as of right now we see no disruption in the Vikan supply chain. Most critical at this point in time is road and sea transportation. We will inform you should we see further disruption in the transport sector.
All our administrative employees have been set-up to work from home. We are able to get in contact with customers, suppliers and other external parties via Skype, Whats App and other video services along with normal customer service telephone numbers and e-mail.
Some customers have asked us if there is any risk of COVID-19 transmission via Vikan products. Recent scientific studies, undertaken by the Centre for Disease Control (CDC), have shown that COVID-19 survival on plastic surfaces is relatively short (<72 hours). Consequently, in addition to the precautions already mentioned above, none of our products will be released from our warehouse within 72 hours of production. We also recommend that all products are cleaned and disinfected prior to use.
Please let us know if you have any special requirement for the coming shipments or any other concerns or questions.
We will keep you informed on an ongoing basis.
Carsten Bo Pedersen
Group Managing Director at Vikan